Red Crescent Society Job Circular 2021: Red Crescent Society, Bangladesh Just published a new job circular in the vacant position.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 17 June, 2021 at the bdjobs.com official website- jobs.bdjobs.com
About Red Crescent Society:
Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971.
This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 50 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Red Crescent Job Summaries:
|Organization||:||Red Crescent Society|
|Online Application Portal||:||jobs.bdjobs.com|
|Educational Qualification||:||Graduation and Post Graduation Level.|
|Application||:||bdjobs.com online job posting|
|Application Opening Date||:||–|
|Closing Date||:||17th June 2021|
Red Crescent Society Job Circular 2021
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position of its Strengthening DRM Structures and Capacities (SDSC) Project. Applicants who wants to join this project can apply through online at bdrcs.org. The details information about circular, requirements, application instruction are available on the website.
- Technical Project Officer
- Youth Development Officer
Roles and Responsibility:
- Assisting Project Coordinator/ Director, Planning and Development of BDRCS in implementing and coordinating respective program activities.
- Close coordination with respective unit level Officers and Associate Volunteers for implementation of agreed Strengthening DRM Structures and Capacities of BDRCS (SDSC) program activities.
- Support to implement the SDSC Project (operational and financial management) for ensuring the Project objectives (eg. School based DRR and capacity building related activities).
- Support and coordinate with BDRCS relevant Departments/Programs/Projects
- Prepare/support to prepare monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly annual plans along with required budget for SDSC Project.
- Prepare and document project progress reports, successes, challenges, and project experiences to assist organizational learning.
- Prepare/support to prepare different Tools, guideline, ToR, IEC materials and training module in coordination with Associate Volunteer for SDSC Project.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor SDSC activities at community and school.
- Guide and supervise the Associate Volunteer in Project area in organizing all planned trainings, awareness campaigns and dialogues as per requirements.
- Participation in various workshop, seminar, meeting, and other events (GoB &. other organizations).
- Ensure project resources are used properly and immediately bring to the attention of the Project coordinator/Director of respective department in NHQ, Dhaka/ team in case of any misuse of wrongdoing.
- Organize monthly/ bi-monthly/ quarterly program team coordination meetings and to share the meeting minutes with concerned person.
- Developing/capturing, case studies, stories, the most significant changes, visibility and sharing with BDRCS, IFRC, German Red Cross (GRC) at field level.
- Ensuring all Program files, records, archives and databases (documentation, meeting minutes, etc.) are kept in good order and updated when required.
- Check and verify all Program bill, vouchers and forward to BDRCS financial department.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties that may be required by the BDRCS authority.
Education and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Disaster Management, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in relevant field
- Youth and Volunteering in BDRCS with relevant experience will be an advantage
Skills and abilities:
- Understanding on Strong project cycle management skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and staff management skills
- Good facilitation and presentation, communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and Teamwork skills
- Working with different groups and nationalities
- Sound analytical and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines, identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English and Bangla
- Computer skills on MS word, Excel, Power point
- Ahere to the 7 fundamental principles and values of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct and strong ethics with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Common understanding on Gender issues, CEA mechanism including other cross-cutting issues
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in the field
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience to work with a humanitarian response will be an added advantage
- Work experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement will be preferable
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with members in the team and supporting partners
- Associate Volunteer/ Unit Level Officer/ Program Coordinator or Director/ Program team for any requirements based on the Program.
How to Apply for Red Crescent Society Job Circular 2021
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, June 17, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates. Only online application will be accepted.